Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend of Fun

We'll we kind of took an unplanned mini vacation up to Park City. It was fun. One night we brought a pal for Riley and the second night it was just the fam. We had a really nice time. We also had a chance to make it back to town for the big game tailgating festivities. It was a nice weekend for us to take some time away. This also means we didn't get everything we usually do on the weekends done but that's ok by me.

So I've been trying to get this job with the dept of corrections and so far I've passed 2 of the 4 test. I've never seen anything like this interview process before. I had to run a 1 1/2 in 18 minutes. Ok before you laugh on paper that sounds easy but in the moment I thought I might die. Well not really but I didn't think I'd pass. I was pushing myself hard than I ever have. It was absolutely awful. I was talking or more like yelling at myself to keep going. But no matter how hard I hurt I did it with over 2 minutes to spare. Oh my goodness that was so flippin hard. I don't ever want to do it again. But if I get this job I have to complete the police academy within 12 months of being hired. I found that strange being the job is for a therapist but that's what they said. So we'll see how that turns out. Hopefully I'll have more than 6 days to prepare. Tomorrow I have another test do to. Its about 3 to 4 hours long. Its a mental health exam which I should be able to do ;-)

As for my knitting. Well I started to knit up a pair of socks with my Malabrigo sock yarn and I love it. I'll struggling with seeing the small stickes but I'll get through that. It just might take some extra time. I love this yarn.

No comments: