Thursday, November 13, 2008

SP 13 - Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love Malabrigo Sock Yarn, Socks that Rock and Cherry Tree Hill fingering yarns. I don't like furry anything, bright colors or acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? A bag I have that works really good.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for 2 years. I consider myself a wanna-be intermediate beginning knitter. I'm willing to try interesting things but tend to get bored quickly.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes I have Etsy, Amazon and Loopy Ewe. You can find all three on my face page on Ravelry.

5. What's your favorite scent? Gardenia

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?I love milk chocolate and coffee flavored chocolates. Also chocolates with peppers.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I don't do anything other than knitting, cooking and gardening.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love Van Morrison, Tears for Fears, U2 and so on. I also enjoy non-verbal jazz.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love deep purples, reds, browns. I really dislike pastels, blues, pinks and yellows.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a 5 year old, husband and a great dog. We live in Salt Lake City, Ut but aren't of the popular faith.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I love mittens, not a fan of the rest

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, felted clogs, felted bags

13. What are you knitting right now? felted ballet slippers

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Sure

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I love circular wooden needles. I've got the harmony set and love them.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes

17. How old is your oldest UFO? a year old pair of socks.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? We love Christmas around here.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Fingering sock yarn from Malabrigo.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I currently get Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits. I really really really want this new pattern - Vivian by Ysolda Teague. Its absolutely perfect for me. I love it.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Knitting two socks on one circular. I have the book but need more work.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes and my foot size is 8.5

23. When is your birthday? July

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? graham27

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to start spoiling you:) We are very similar in our color likes and dislikes. That will be fun to pick stuff out that I like too:) I just might end up with 2 of everything.

Bram said...

That is really funny. I love the stalking part of swaps. It will be fun to see what you come up with.