Friday, November 14, 2008

I just realized something




Ok I just realized something that I'm not all that proud of. I haven't been knitting much. I've been thinking about knitting, talking about knitting and even buying things that have to do with knitting but I haven't been knitting much. I need to get back to it. I have the greatest yarn but haven't gotten to it. I sort of have an addiction about getting new yarns with the greatest of intentions of knitting it up to wonderful great things but I haven't followed thru as much as I need too.




Ok you have to check out my new yarn. I got some Wollmeise from the Loopy Ewe on a total whim I checked them out at about 8 or 9pm one night and there it was. So I got one skein of Poison #5, Barista (new color) and Frosch. I have to say after I hit send I wondered what the hell have I just done. The economy is horrible and I'm spending money I shouldn't. But that passed quickly as it always does, thank goodness. Well anyways all my fear was put aside when I got it today. It is beautiful. The skein I really wanted I'm not "thrilled" with but love and the other two I wasn't sure of are wonderful. So Score. Most likely I'll share one of these with a new friend I've made on Ravelry but I do love them. Especially Barista. Plus the name is about coffee, I mean really how was I not going to buy that.




Then I also got some Malabrigo Sock Yarn. Ok I have first admit I got some from a swap I just finished up by a very thoughtful and awesome swap partner who knew an owner of a LYS and got it right before the store closed. It is amazing. So being the person I am I needed to see if it was possible to get more (not unlike the Wollmeise thing) and ended up with more yarn than i need but oh my goodness its lovely, absolutely lovely. Here are pics of both. I'd like to say this is all of the Malabrigo sock yarn I own but its not. I must admit I too have again bought more than I will knit in a life time. Thank goodness for swaps.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous! I have always wanted to try Malabrigo. Now I want to even more:)